Access Board

Infos about Access for People with Disabilities

You are not logged in.

#1 2009-01-22 13:46:25

raj

Disabled---people or our design and technologies?

Our technology and designs have not done enough to help our fellow countrymen who need just a touch more comfortable access to everything then us.
There are no buildings and places which are built keeping in mind that disabled people should not get to this point and yet there are places where it is hard to go for them.
This to me implies that not the people are disabled but our technology and studies are disabled.
Any thoughts?

#2 2009-01-22 20:07:03

hammy

Re: Disabled---people or our design and technologies?

Yes I have seen so many examples on it you say here, there is some need to have changes in architects building and even some small shop too. You know there so many shop have glass door and its very tough to open it, you need to push them very hardly which is not done by some handicap person and even those door are auto push back and come suddenly to its close position which can be damage to them more.

#3 2009-01-25 12:13:41

renu thapliyal

yes... its absolutely true. i think we should follow universal design in buildings and houses that is easier for all types of disability. i think we need to do some research about designs and technology to produce such universal designs.

[url=http://www.knowledgeherald.com/]Creative Text Factory for Websites[/url]

[url=http://newsfeaturesonline.blogspot.com/]Read News, Listen news, Watch News In One Mouse Click[/url]

#4 2009-01-26 10:57:53

helper

Lets have a look on a more simple way. You own a house which has a small door - what to to?? Rebuild it?

No, my son is sitting in a wheelchair, and I know how many problemes he has.
We need solutions immediately.

One of the best things are the light-weight wheelchairs, which we can take with us. Handy, easy, expensive.

Board footer